I did it a bit differently but the same principle. I use only 22 liter pails for collection and storage of WVO. I came across a 20 liter paint pail which has the same body dimensions as the 22 liter so I cut off the bottom leaving about 1/2 of the pail intact, strapped the screening mesh over the top of the now half pint pail and secured it around the edges with grapple bar, allowing the mesh to droop into the center of the pail. This half pail is then placed inside the rim of the 22 liter pail and just sits there pretty as you please and I filter my heated WVO that way. Whatever works eh ?
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Shea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 8:25 AM
Subject: [Biofuel] Cheepo 5 gallon Filter Assembly to filter WVO to yourPre-heat tank or reactor.

Cheepo 5 gallon Filter Assembly to filter WVO to your Pre-heat tank or reactor.

I found a solution to filter the WVO before adding it to my Processor.

Take two (or three) 5 Gallon round drywall buckets and cut the bottoms from both. ( I used a jig saw with no problem) If the buckets have sealed lids, cut the lids out as well.

Bucket A: Wrap a 28"x 28" or so, (fiberglass) mesh window screen around the bottom and side leaving no gaps. Pay attention to conforming the screening to the bottom and don't worry too much about the bucket sides as the screening will crease.

Install Bucket A into Bucket B. This will hold the filter (screen) in place.

Slide a 2"x4", or pipe through the handle to support the filter bucket over your preheat tank and pump or pour your WVO.

I imagine you can add a third bucket to the design with a smaller or larger micron filtration, but the window mesh was sufficient.

Thank you,
Kevin Shea