Didn't ya just know I was going to chime in here? :-)
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] Titration problems

Ah yes, But the bible also states that your righteousness is as filthy rags. This passage is in the new testament and I'll have to
look up the exact reference later.

It is actually not in the NT but the Old, Isaiah 64:6 and is primarily in reference to our own SELF righteousness as being like "filthy rags" which reference is politically correct for what women use monthly. Yuk, eh?

Righteousness and Religion don't count for anything. But before I further this thought you must first be a believer in God (by whatever name you call him). If you don't believe then what's the point. But if you do believe then
you must certainly recall some scriptures.

I read some post that stated that God did not intend for religion to be "organized". But he most certainly did. In the old testament there is scripture reference stating "forsake not the gathering together of yourselves as the manner of some is..." meaning that
people of faith should assemble together.

Hehe. Not Old but New.Hebrews 10:25. But then "assembling" does not require a church building to accomplish. "Assembling" is what we do here every day on this list. Nor it is distinct in the level of that "assembling" to represent large or small numbers. When Jesus sent out His disciples He did so two by two. They were "assembled" no? " Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10) And here we have the reason for it, to be a help and encouragement in the face of adversity.

And why should we gather together? As is stated in the new testament "Faith is built from faith to faith.." which is to say that we increase in both knowledge and understanding by gathering together, much as we do here in
the befoul list.

Faith is primarily built by reading and studying the Word.
(Romans 10:17) Further discusiin about it can only come to either clarify or relate experiences surrounding this.

We share our knowledge, gain understanding, and encourage one another. The apostle Paul also stated that things
should be done in "order" regarding the gathering together.

"Let all things be done decently and in order" (1Corinthians 14;40)
Refering to everything we do, not only assembling. We should have decency and order in our lives. How can we be of any earthly good if our lives are in debauchery and chaos ? Of course, "decency" leaves a plethora of definitions open to subjected thought. It is not limited to the so-called christian right's interpretation of it. I personally think the sight of a woman's nude body as completely decent, while they would class it indecent. So there you have it.

> Much of those gathering together events were not however held in Temples but rather in homes of individuals and other places. The
Church is not a building but rather it refers to the Faithful followers.

On this we agree 100%

The Temples are no less sacred but still only a place to gather together.

Well, they are places where some chose to gather. Sacred ? Sounds a little too close to place worship for my tastes.

No one can argue that much of the so called Christian community today is filled with hypocrites, socialites, etc...many people
seeking to put forward a good face to mask their evil deeds.

Same can be said of any large organised religious group, not only those professing to be Christian. Fractions abound, and as long as people seek to justify a pre-determined agenda with religious faith-based ideas this will continue, however, as in all identifiable religious groups there are also those who are sincere and those who will apply the teachings of the seers and prophets to the betterment of their lives and the lives of those around them, which. in fact, is the point.

The scripture also states "..that where good is, evil is also
present..". I agree that most of what exist of religious organizations today is either a cult or cult like but not all. I will always be reluctant to stereotype anyone because I believe that there is always some good to be found within the bad (speaking of
people).

"...But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:" (Romans 5:20) I have always read "sin" as "lack of love", and when applied to the lovely situation we find ourselves in on the world stage it is not difficult to see "the lack of love" abounding, but it is our hope that we shall offer a glimmer of light and positive to offset if but a portion of it.

Our challenge today is to find someone in which we can gather together with who is indeed seeking after God and his will in our
lives that we can increase our faith through association with their faith.

And what if you don't believe as I believe? It doesn't matter to me. I can't save you anyway.

Fact. Only God and the peson whose will is so predisposed can acheive that.

Save you (the non-believer) from what?
It doesn't matter...you don't believe.

It matters plenty, however once a person's majesty of choice has been implemented it is no longer our issue. People are free moral agents, able to decide and choose the paths thier life will take.

I will still pray to my God that he bless you and your house and that we may all live in
peace and that we can learn to live as equals on this planet.

I kinda like the Catholic Bible's way of putting it, refering to the angel's greeting about the birth of Christ; "and peace on earth to men of good will". How can you have peace on earth with men of evil will ? When people have good will then there is plenty of room for there to be peace on earth, but evil will ? Ain't gonna happen.

And I can share my efforts with my neighbors (of various faiths) to
bring equity to the world starting with my neighbors. None of my neighbors share the same faith but we do share this planet and I hope that we can learn together how to reap, replenish and restore what this earth has for us.

When we get right down to it we have much more in common than we do differences. It only behooves those of us interested in living in peace to conccentrate on those similarities and use the love we are supposed to have to side step the differences.

Luc

May God bless you all,

Best wishes,
Tim