Peter,

I think that China handled themselves on this occasion. After all, US was spying on them and it is other occasions. When US used commercial aircraft against Russia, when they disappeared with passengers and all. Do not forget that China also lost a plane and pilot, when they tried to take the spy plane down. Maybe the question should be, "is US a friend of China"?

Hakan