Before suggesting that others follow you into the lovely carcinogenic world of methanol producing artificial sweeteners. Methanol in the system is cumulative by the way and is one of the by-products in aspartame and splenda. If you live in the US look at the very small print on the very bottom of those little pink "sweetener" enveloppes in the restaurant where it clearly states that the product has been proven to cause cancer in mice. No such disclaimer is there in Canada (!). Check out the links I gave in my other post, and if you still want to put that poison in your body then that is your choice, but to say that it is good is erroneous at best.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Riznyk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Splenda/sucralose toxic

Phillip,
Before you jump on the bandwagon you might want to
read this <http://www.cspinet.org/new/stevia.html>

I alway like how these news releases pretend that they
are on the crux of a new discovery. Stevia has been
available in health food stores for years, and in some
full service supermarkets. Incidentally the FDA has
not approved stevia for use as a food additive because
its safety had not been proven.

The FDA has approved aspartame and other artificial "sweeteners" but that is not indicative of their safety, as stated above. Aspartame is the baby of one Donald Rumsfeld and his connection to the production of same.

Contrary to claims, my
personal experience is that Stevia does have an
aftertaste. I'll stick with Splenda.

The fresh stevia leaf I chewed on gave a distinct "sweet" taste that lasted for some time, but aftertaste ? None that I can recall. I have heard of some negative reports on stevia also, although I would use it long before putting those artifical poisons in my body. Of course raw honey or maple sirop are still way ahead of the game here and that is what we use exclusively. If it needs cooking it's maple sirop, if not it's raw honey that we get directly from the bee keeper fresh from the hive, no filtering, no heating, complete with little bits of bee still in it :-)

Luc