I tried getting feedback on that question without success. IMO it would be much simpler to just get one of those already lined "food grade" 200 liter metal drums. I don't know how the lining would hold up to reactor mixing, however I am still hoping to get some sort of reply/educated guess as to the viability of using this later as a second settling tank and/or wash tank, of the Standpipe Design. Should all else fail I shall be the one posting info on it 'cause that is what I got :-) as a secondary settling tank which will also double duty as a wash tank.
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "J.L.Burney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 5:21 AM
Subject: [Biofuel] reactor lineing

hiya all
i was down at the auto parts store today and saw some roll on truck bed lineing. its a liquid that you paint on into the bed of your truck and it hardens in to a plastic shell like bed liner. it says its chem resistant i was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to coat the inside/outside of thier reactor wash and storage barrels with this or somthing simmilar. it would be great if you use 55 gallon steel drums it would also make it easyer to seal things up nice and tight. could also help insulate and protect the barrels if you have an outsied set up like i do. just a thought