I can't remember which of the Canada or USA researchers it was, but one of the main biodiesel research guys wrote a report a few years ago that found that "winter diesel" (#1, basically kerosene, +additives that vary depending on where it's being sent to, AFAIK) was as effective as the additives available at that time, at least the ones they tested.

That may not be the case now - probably the additives are better and more specialized, but it might be worth trying just that - certainly it's affordable and available if you live in a cold climate region...just go to the pump and add some to the biodiesel, or make up a few samples at different treat rates and put them in the freezer for a few days (labelled!)

Back in early days of more basic SVO kits, and even now if you have thick SVO/WVO and no tank heater, 10-20% diesel made a big difference once once it got below -10C (where our Canola WVO tended to start to get very much a thick gravy consistency)

...you might be able to use less, with your B100

...or look at adding a tank heater, inline heater, filter heater (start with an inline heater, such as our VEG-Therm, ahead of the filter)... then you might not need to add anything. or less of it.

Regards,

Edward Beggs B.E.S. M.Sc.
 Neoteric Biofuels Inc.
http://www.biofuels.ca