mention that paper fuel filters should not be used for methyl esters.
Can anyone verify this?

To my knowledge..most folks out there have a final fuel filter made with paper elements (the metal can spin on units). People running biodiesel (unmodified, non WVO/SVO) seem to usually use standard diesel fuel filters onboard...and most of these are paper, correct?

Even the WVO/SVO folks running Racor filters (Greasel), Webb/Racor Vormax Filters (Neoteric), and Greasecar's VW filter element...are these not all paper internally as well?