glycerin as fertilizer on my fruit trees....................... DB
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 8:49 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] hydroxide - what are you using?

Biodiesel homebrewers,

what hydroxide are you using, sodium or potassium?
If you have switched from one to another, are the results any better?
Anyone ethyl esters yet - single stage, two stage, mistery process?

Just wondering, I switched from sodium to potassium hydroxide.
The wash seems a little easier.
Ethyl esters - no conversion at all with potassium ethoxide (99% ethanol)
IPA esters with potassium methoxide as catalyst - no conversion, turned
everything solid

Cheers,  Aleks