Keith, The postings interesting; especially the
writings of Professor Emeritus Joe Cummins. See
earlier work at:
http://www.mindfully.org/GE/Plant-Pesticides-Joe-Cummins.htm

Last week, I took the liberty to contact Professor
Cummins to ask permission to quote his work on my JTF
posting titles "Overview of GMO Risks - CaMV35S
promotor...".

He's excellent. I've been in touch with him previously, a few years ago. Since then I've followed his work at the Institute of Science in Society:
http://www.i-sis.org.uk

... and at SANET, where he's a regular contributor - the Sustainable Agriculture Network Discussion Group:
http://lists.sare.org/archives/sanet-mg.html

I've done quite a lot of cross-posting between the Biofuel list and SANET, there's a lot of common ground. I think quite a few people belong to both lists now.

He give me permission and also impressed with JTF
website. He encouraged all of us to continue studying
the issues and risks of GMO plants and GMO germplasm.

I plan to give an informal PowerPoint at my local
library.

Good for you!

I think I now understand after reading many
of the articles and research posted on various public
domains.

Well, it doesn't end. Something worth saying though, that I've pointed out here before, is that GM still is a very promising technology, but not in the hands of the likes of Monsanto, as is very obvious. With their slant on things and their history, we don't need any more Brave New Worlds brought to us by the Monsanto's and Dow's of this world any more than we need a 21st Century sponsored by Big Oil. It's to be hoped that the fully justifiable public outcry against Monsanto's antics with GMOs aren't going to permanently discredit the technology in the public eye and put it out of bounds. I think the same applied to nanotech.

This publication by ETC with the Dag Hammarskjold Foundation, on the technological challenges of the 21st Century, sets the scene well. It's very good, covers GE, nanotech and more: ETC Century: Erosion, Technological Transformation, and Corporate Concentration in the 21st Century
http://etcgroup.org/article.asp?newsid=159

Best wishes

Keith

=== message truncated ===