>Because Hardee's makes no pretensions that the Hardee's thickburger
>is good for you.
>
>And they are reveling in the publicity from Jacobson's group, Leno
>and Letterman.
>
>Jacobson says that if Hardee's persists in marketing this junk, it
>should at least list calories right up on the menu board.

I stand by what I said.  There are far worse than Hardies.

There comes a point when the line must be drawn.  How long until there are
disclaimers on everything?  No, while the others are putting salads out that
claim to be healthy (when in fact they can be just as unhealthy), and subway
comes shy of calling their food diet cuisene at least Hardies has the guts to
admit that their burger is big and bad.

We have to take some of the blame some time.  The masses can't sit back and
blame everyone else for their problems.  FDA approved drugs (meaning, someone
said they are OK) that are harmfull is quite different than someone "choosing"
to go into a hardies, "choosing" the burger and then actually eating it.
What's next, blaming mother nature for polluting the environment with poision
ivy?

I didn't read 2003's list but if the Catholic Church wasn't in that list then
it has my vote leaps and bounds above Hardies (And by the church I mean the
organizational structure, not each and every member).