What you want is here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/default.asp
Several of these people own both types and also DIY on most repairs and could answer most any querry you have, as comparisons ect.
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Wagner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] mercedes diesel engine recommendations

Luc,

Thanks for the W123 endorsement but the question remains if the same is true
for the W124. Does anyone have any experience with this model and engine?

While attempting to decipher the Mercedes model codes I found this handy
site...
http://home.hiwaay.net/~gbf/mbmodels.html

Mike W

G'day Mike;

I think you will find that the W123 body type will do the job quite nicely.
Now that the expansion of my BD system is almost complete the next project
upgrade on the BEnz this coming fall, God willing, is to go to a two tank
system commonly used for SVO/WVO however I want it for deep winter BD use
so
I can run my fuel year round, however I am still looking into that as a
viable avenue.
Luc

I am also looking for a 'well seasoned' 300D for biodiesel use. There are a
few reasonably priced early '90s machines on the market. Are there issues
running B100 on the generation just after the 80-87 model?