Greetings Pannir.
I agree but I want to re emphasize that I think we
could grow better oils than canola and soy for human
consumption. For example sesame--

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/06/23/sesame_oil_lowers_blood_pressure.htm
Sesame oil lowers BP

By Kylie Taggart

TAMIL NADU, INDIA – Researchers from the Annamalai
University in Chidambaram here found cooking with
sesame oil in place of other oils lowers blood
pressure and the amount of medication needed to
control hypertension.

Dr. Devarajan Sankar (PhD) and colleagues studied 328
patients taking 10 mg to 30 mg of the calcium channel
blocker nifedipine to control their hypertension. The
participants were asked to switch to sesame oil from
their regular cooking oil for two months. They
consumed on average 35 g of sesame oil per day.

Their average systolic and diastolic blood pressures
were reduced from 166/101 mm Hg to 134/84.6 mm Hg. The
nifedipine dosage was also lowered from an average
22.7 mg a day to 7.4 mg a day.

Sesame oil is high in polyunsaturated fatty acids and
vitamin E. The researchers had previously reported it
lowers blood pressure in hypertensives taking
diuretics and beta-blockers.

The current data were presented at the Inter-American
Society of Hypertension meeting recently.

Article found on Medicalpost.com

More information available on St.John's.com

http://home.woh.rr.com/billkrisjohnson/Recipes/Resources.htm
> > > For cooking, your highly saturated animal fats,
> such as butter and beef tallow,
> > > lard, and coconut oil are best because they are
> the most stable. Avoid excessive
> > > heat - gentle heat will often suffice. It is
> best never to heat your unsaturated
> > > vegetable oils - use them for salad dressings
> and similar purposes that don't
> > > require heating
> > >
> > > Some advocate coconut oil as excellent for
> cooking. A long article on that at
> > >
> http://www.mercola.com/2001/mar/24/coconut_oil.htm
> > >
> > > EV olive oil comes apart at temps not much above
> boiling water so should be used
> > > as a salad oil.
> > >
> > > --Kirk
> > >

> > > georgebostic wrote: