The only modification was to change about one foot of rubber fuel line with one made of nitrile. After that it was necessary to add an inline fuel filter before the stock fuel filter because the filters were clogging up with old petrol gunk. This was the only problem. I sold the car in '04 to buy an'02 VW golf TDI. The mercedes was still running fine and it still is. The new owners still come by to fill up with bio-D. I have mad over 2500 gal since dec 02., and highly recommend the mercedes 300 series. ----- Original Message ----- From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 1:45 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] question's

I was wondering if someone could help me find out how I can convert my 1980 Mercedes 300sd Turbo Diesel to biodiesel ? I have been doing some research but have not been able to find out what I need to do to the vehicle itself. I am very new to all of this but am very interested in making it work it sounds so sensible I can't believe more people aren't aware of this alternative.I live in S.F.- Bay Area so if anyone has information for this area I would appreciate it.Thankyou. Dina