Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "DHAJOGLO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Thank you Keith >The Indian Seed Act and Patent Act:

Phil and Keith,

Dear Keith - Excellent article and have not posted
awhile because of my new job.   I will read and
re-read this article.   I hope our lawmakers take time
to really study the issues. I studied Plants and Plant
Genetics and Plant Taxonomy (Dendrology) as
undergraduate. The issue of seeds and hybrid vigor was
a great discussion in the early days (1970s). Things
have changes so much since that time.

My very pesimistic outlook on legislation like this is that the legislators are in the pockets of industry which seeks to patent and license just about everything. This is very evident in the field of computers and software.

Putting this together with GM research (not the least of which is the "Terminator") it follows that industry seeks to control every facit of every industry. Its the ultimate form of capitalism and extortion (synonyms?).

-dave