----- Original Message ----- From: "Jones, Raina Tamsyn (UMC-Student)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:33 PM
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] Cleaning Up Factory Farms ... and vegetarians

Excellent information about surviving as a vegetarian. I'd just like to add that I was informed a long time ago that sesame seeds are the only vegetable product that contains all the amino acid groups (protein types) of meat. This may or may not be true, I'm not a scientist and pay more attention to my body and mind and heart than studies, but they certainly don't hurt. I've found sesame seeds to be a staple in my diet mostly because i like them. Eaten in the various forms as tahini, sesame butter, roasted and ground with a little salt as a condiment (I use my coffee grinder ) , as salad dressings with lemon and garlic and a little tamari-soy sauce; with honey as a sweet spread, etc. Each person knows what their body needs or should find out. No judgemental feelings for those who eat meat, if they know its coming from a sustainable and humane source, or are caring for the animals themselves and love and respect them through all stages. The way animals are treated in the factory farm industry is appalling. Like Ghandi said about western civilization- it would be a good idea. Of course even the killing of humans to secure selfish interests is acceptable in todays world, so its no surprise that they treat animals as a commodity, rather than as a unique life form. Got Sesame? jon forster