Helow  All

  Fransico

   Well  we in north east of Brasil.

   A lot of castor oil is produces here and other place , but the e
first time we hear the odour  problems which can be esily solved
     You can  solve the problem  using different  hot and cold
extraction process which are  under  development  very seriously in
Brasil
   As we are in Brasil we can surley  join with Irwin  in the
biofilter design as we do  have posgraduate programme In Chemical
engineering dept  UFRN, Natal to do  the same.

    The price of the castor  oil sold  for the  petro chemical
companies are  very high compared to  heating.
It is better you  find a  alternate energy  such as used vegetabale
oil and make Biofuel  for Motor .

   As we are in Brazil  we can  jointly  work to solve  our problem .

sd
Pannirselvam P.V

On Apr 1, 2005 5:04 PM, Tom Irwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm an American living in Uruguay and I may have a potential solution for
> your odor problem. It's called a compost biofilter. In essence you pull the
> air from your castor bean pressing facility and pass it through a large
> enough pile of compost. The compost scrubs the organics (the odors) from the
> air stream and eats them for dinner. You have to keep the compost optimally
> moist with water and it is sized by the number of cubic meter of air you
> pull from your pressing operation. I'm certain there are engineers in Brazil
> who can size this for you properly if not write back with the number of
> cubic meters you need scrubbed and I'll do a rough pass design for you. By
> rough pass, I mean I will oversize it to more than adequately scrub what you
> need. It will cost you slightly more in terms of land, compost and water.
> But heck, you live in Brazil, have lots of land, and if you can convince
> some folks there to just slow down on the cutting of the rainforest, plenty
> of water.
>
> Tom Irwin

 Pagandai V Pannirselvam
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte - UFRN
Departamento de Engenharia Qu’mica - DEQ
Centro de Tecnologia - CT
Programa de P—s Gradua¨‹o em Engenharia Qu’mica - PPGEQ
Grupo de Pesquisa em Engenharia de Custos - GPEC

Av. Senador Salgado Filho, Campus Universit‡rio
CEP 59.072-970 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Residence :
Av  Odilon gome de lima, 2951,
   Q6/Bl.G/Apt 102