The presidential election is in four years but the off election for congress is in two years and there will be a chance to weaken the Republican power in the congress at that time. It gives us something to work for anyway. I suspect the role of Wolfowitz will be to assist international corporations in securing favorable (to them) deals in developing nations that will be to the detriment of the citizens of those nations and to use the power of the bank to pressure countries the administration doesn't like such as Venezuela to cooperate or change their government. I don't think the administration is going to go to war again for a long time. Iran is not Iraq. The government has much more popular support and a much stronger army than Iraq. North Korea has nuclear weapons and if it looked like they were losing they might just use them out of desperation though I doubt they would start a war with them. Unless the administration is willing to impose a draft, we are in no position to invade another country at this point and a draft would virtually eliminate the Republican party's chances in any future election. There are serious manpower shortages in all of the services. This is a government with little understanding or interest in the outside world beyond what they can exploit and a naive belief that everyone wants to be just like us if only their leaders would let them. Remember Wolfowitz actually believed that the Iraqis would not openly welcome us for "liberating" them but would love to pay us out of their oil revenue for doing so. Bush's approval rating continues to decline and he is having more and more difficulty domestically with his base. His initiatives have not been received well and his alleged "mandate is fading fast.

Rick

Andrew & Tracey wrote:

I might be mistaken and probably are but it appears to me that now mr wolfowitz has his
hands on a bottomless pit of money that he is going to give his buddy " ALL THAT IT
TAKES" to get rid of the baddies. When is the next election in the U.S.? It seems
that there will be just enough time to duplicate the Iraq effort in Iran and N. Korea.
Does anybody else think this is a possibility? or am i just paranoid. One way to achieve
it would be to drive oil prices sky high so as to fill the coffers of your mates oil
company's,then they in turn could produce more fuel reserves for just an action. But that
couldn't be because that would mean the bosses have an alternative agenda to what they
are telling all the gullible little people. The little back slapping bum licking bloke
from Aust might just wake up to how he has been used. Well anyway i just thought i would
air my paranoia. Keep your bomb shelters in order guys, cheers.  Andrew.