Common sense is actually quite uncommon in some circles. Most of the "free"
energy people I have talked with seem to have a large emotional investment in
their paradigm, be it concern about energy shortage to perceiving themselves as
victims of a cabal.

Your points are valid but I don't think the average Lutec fan will understand
you.

Great invention Keith. Will a Pepsi bottle work just as well?

:)
Kirk

Jurie Vorster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Not an expert in any particular field but common sense and a bit of
logic tells me...

1) The "how-it-works" stuff claims that the *permanent* magnet provides
energy in keeping the object suspended from the roof equating to a
electromagnet holding it up there but expending energy instead. WELL,
how would LUTEC explain the energy content of PERMANENT GLUE holding up
the object... or what about hanging it from a PERMANENT HOOK that is
screwed into the ceiling?

2) In the device, the magnets moves towards the steel thus giving
inertial energy to the armature... then a counter electromagnetic field
is applied to "neutralise" the magnetic properties of the steel thus
allowing the permanent magnets to rotate past freely. This
"neutralising" pulse needs to be long enough so that the next "step" can
initiate or until the "back-step" that will slow down the magnets (thus
reducing its inertial energy) pull is less than the "forward-step" pull.

AT BEST, the amount of energy to "neutralise" the steel magnetic effect
will equal the amount of inertial energy generated by the pull of the
magnets towards the steel... no GAIN. Thus there will be only loss of
total energy and the efficiency of the "smoothing" effect as per patent
description will be related to the losses in the electronics to control
the "neutralising" field coils and mechanical resistance etc...

FUTURE DEVELOMENTS
My theory is that if someone can find a MATERIAL that cuts or shield a
magnetic field in "line-of-sight" to achieve the "neutralising" effect
proposed by the LUTEC device creator, can such a device be possible. No
such material exists to my knowledge as the magnetic field would curl
around the "shield" and still slow down the permanent magnets.

Some savvy boffin may be able to come up with such a material that could
even be made to mechanically rotate into and out of the "line-of-sight"
with the permanent magnets... not unlike these film-strip movie
projectors synchronises field frames onto the viewing screen.

My longwinded two cents worth.

Can we now get back to Bio Diesel!?!?

Jurie.