I would like to say that I am not one that swallows everything that comes
down the pike.
I was raised in a fundamental christian home and went to Church at least 3
times a week.
I was taught the "rapture" theology just like many others in mainline
Christianity. In my opinion, the rapture theology is quite simply used to
maipulate people into doing what they believe is right. (based on their
interpretation of the scriptures)
When I accutally started reading the scriptures for myself I started
realizing that the "rapture" is a NON-BIBLICAL theology. As a mater of fact
Matthew 5:5 says, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
It seems to be the attitude of many Christians, that, if we are going to be
"taken" from this earth, we don't really have to worry about taking care of
it.  I also think many Christians seem to believe since man has been given
authority over the earth, then it doesn't matter how the earth and its
resources are used, that it is there for the taking.  It is very sad there
are people who believe this way.

Keith made reference to Revelation 11:18 that says, "The nations were angry,
and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be
judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the
saints, and those who fear Your name, small and great, and should destroy
those who destroy the earth."
Why would He be upset with "Those who destroy the earth" if we're not
responsible for taking care of the earth and using its resources wisely.

We have a responsibility to take care of what has been entrusted to us. That
is why I am making changes in my life and encouraging others to do the same.

Jeremy