One may think this argument is silly (and feel free to criticize -
especially if the facts are off. However, if the facts are off, please
cite sources for correct facts!) However, this leads me to think that
since so much CO2 production is unavoidable (breathing is a right:-)),
maybe we should focus on increasing CO2 absorption instead of decreasing
output.

Michael.

The problem isn't with your calculations. Instead, I think the problem occurs because you haven't distinguished between carbon that way already part of the carbon cycle, and carbon that was sequestered underground for millions of years.

That is, the problem with carbon emissions isn't the total amount emitted, but rather the amount of additional carbon introduced into the system every year.

jh