From: Andrew & Tracey
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 4/22/05 5:54 AM
Subject: [Biofuel] rubber?

Hi everybody, we have a question for all those technical and scientific
members of this group and would love some feedback from those that
understand this better than us. We have just read an article about
rubber and are concerned enough to ask does anybody know much about it.
The article suggests that (well it says) rubber is toxic. Is this
correct? It doesn't mean the basic product but what tyre's are made of
is a menagerie of toxic chemicals and that every day thousands of tons
of it wash into our creek,river,ocean systems from tyre's being worn out
on our roads.The effect of it will be with us for a long long time to
come. There is no research into coral reefs falling apart from rubber
that we can find ,but the article suggests it should be of concern to
all of us still breathing whats left of our fresh air.It also goes on to
say that bitumen is also toxic and that it grinds down slowly to do more
enviromental damage. If this is true ,shit it is scary because every
country in the world (just about) is doing the same thing. If you add
all the rest of the eviromental bad things to this it's time to call for
Scotty to beam us up, this planet is toxic.  Andrew & Tracey.