Acetone's a better subject than acetylene eh? LOL! (Phew!) By the way, we took that tank back to that engineer, and he wasn't at all perturbed by what we told him. "Oh", he said. Hm. Beware of certain engineers bearing gifts.

Doing an mpg test at the moment Keith, another 130 miles to do before I can
report back. What I will say is that the engine seems to be running a little
smoother, quieter with a bit more power - not very quantitative I know.

I think nearly everyone's said that, interesting in itself, quantitative or not.

One observation I've made is that the engine before was running rich - with
acetone as an additive the distinctive "sweetness" of the exhaust fumes has
gone, & they smell more like that of a well tuned engine. Again not very
quantitative.

What motor is that Malcolm?

Hope to have an mpg comparison next week

Take care

You too, and thanks!

Regards

Keith