Hi everyone,

I've been receiving emails lately that have given me a burst of enthusiasm and
curiosity about the future.

Here are some of the things I've been thinking about. I hope you don't mind if
I use this forum to express myself a little.

Today, the political climate is tense. Many people (many in this forum) see
something terribly wrong in our society and they are responding to it. Picket
lines, protests, webblogs and expressions of civil disobedience are all around
us. It is a climate from which the hippie communes emerged in the 1960's as a
reaction to greed and abuse of political power. I see something similar
emerging but, in a way that is more difficult to define and I think it is
mostly due to the Internet. In addition to this forum, I belong to other
alternative energy, environmentalist and political activist groups who use the
Internet to form alliances and organize in ways to both change society in the
long term and help allies in the short term. We've already relied on each other
reduce our energy bill, share information about appropriate technologies and
reduce our dependence on those who don't have our best interests in mind. In
the future, waste vegetable oil and other biofuels, for example, may become a
 common fuel for heating low income homes. The knowledge we share has already
caused us to actually make some of the things we need instead of buying them at
places like Walmart. I'm excited about those who work at Walmart not being
coerced into buying what they need, based on where the lowest price and quality
prevail and perpetuate a cycle of low price/lower pay.

So, where am I going with this? I was just thinking, wouldn't it be exciting to
have alliances that form within all communities in a way that replaces
dependence on the Dollar, oil, utilities, etc., with knowledge and materials
that are traded among you and your peers?

George H. W. Bush said:

"I have spoken of a thousand points of light, of all the community
organizations that are spread like stars throughout the Nation, doing good."

I would be very excited to see this noble idea actually used as something other
than propaganda, to keep back the interests of big money and the ruling class,
from where the author came.

Mike

Chris Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The incredible thing is not that he says these things but that we
voted for him. <

I can't sat too much as I voted for Blair last time, we vote again next
week but they all seem as bad as one another. Big business is running
this country now, well them and the EU. The environment here is going to
hell and all any party can think of is jacking the price of fuel and
heating up. Chris.

Wessex Ferret Club (http://www.wessexferretclub.co.uk)