David,

Everything depends on the thruput of your planned plant.
That is true that big plant can cost huge amount of money.

>From the context of your message I conclude that the best for you would be
>small or  medium
sized batch plant that could be extended with time by the consecutive modules.

I can suggest that you speak to Dick Carlstein from this list - he has batch
plant to offer with 800
litres per day.

You may also try to visit
www.rotec.co.at - they offer small plants with capacity of 24 litres per day or
250litres per day.
everything in nicely arranged boxes.

Also in country like Poland there is an offer from one institute of the
engineering documentation
(probably ready for licensing) for batch production of methyl esters, capacity
is 400litres/day.

jan sur—wka
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Biofuels at Journey to Forever