[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Oops sorry Marc - it was ages ago - I could have sworn it was you.
>
> Pity I never saved the email so the credit could go the the right
> person :)
>
> The person concerned said the test unit was a single cyl generator.
> The exhaust glowed red on emulsified fuel. It looks like mixing water
> and fuel is a lot more complex than we might be led to believe.

Sounds like the remedy is no more complex than advancing ignition
timing. Some fundamental research on the composition of the micelles
that form when the emulsion is injected might pay off. If, as I suspect,
this particular emulsion resulted in oil droplets coated with water,
switching to an emulsifying agent that had the opposite effect (if such
a thing is chemically possible) might result in an acceleration of
combustion!

Marc de Piolenc

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!