Hello Reinhard, Nizar

>There are initiatives to produce plant oil and use it as fuel
>(Jatropha oil). But in a direct way (SVO = straight vegetable oil).
>
>I think it is much more easy to use the pure plant oil and adapt the
>engine to use it. Some stationary engines even don't have to be
>modified, like the Indian Lister type engines, which you find in
>East African countries.

That depends on many factors, not just the motor but also the
circumstances, and individual preferences. There's good information
on the choices and options here:

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html
Straight vegetable oil as diesel fuel:
Guide to using vegetable oil as diesel fuel
SVO systems