Fwd from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: "Albrecht Kaupp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi folks,
Wandering in between three homes and living alternatively in in the USA,
India and Germany, and by my profession and believe would qualify as a
Democrat/Ecofascist as defined by Dave, I see this whole discussion a bit
more relaxed. It is a matter of being brainwashed for too long that high
energy consumption and low energy costs have something to do with quality of
life. I wonder why  there are no riots in the streets of Germany at a
gasoline price of 4 US$ per gallon with diesel,LPG and N-gas not much lower.
I also can't see the industry collapsing, people starving, or quality of
life falling apart because the country is highly energy efficient. Is the
industry and economy in the USA so weak that they can't even handle US$ 4
per gallon or doubeling LPG costs.

Here in India most of the professionals tell me every day that energy
efficiency by itself won't help anyway. It is a matter of the sum of energy
efficiency and energy modesty. At the end of the day a highly energy
efficient state-of-the-art LARGE american refrigerator will use up 2.8 kWh
per electricity while the inefficient Indian SMALL refrigerator will use up
1.8 kWh. Of course the Americans ,the Germans and a few others are madly
trying to tell the Indians how inefficient this fridge is. The trouble is
that such an advise is not very much respected and accepted from us, whom
have totally forgotten about energy modesty bragging too much about energy
efficiency.

Albrecht Kaupp
Senior Advisor
Indo-German Energy Efficiency and Environment Project, IGEEP
21 Jor Bagh, New Delhi 110 003, India
Tel +91-11-4603832-6 or +91-11-6864867 to 68
Fax +91-11-4603831 or +1-801-340-7905 (USA)
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Save on REALTOR Fees
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Xw80LD/h1ZEAA/Ey.GAA/9bTolB/TM