on 7/24/02 2:42 PM, Darren at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am compiling details of kits to allow vegetable oil to be used as a fuel.
> Conversion kits will be detailed as follows:-

Darren... Here it is...

REPLY FROM NEOTERIC BIOFUELS INC., just back from the beach here in Canada's
only desert, sun tan city, full of tourists in the summer - if you have
never been here, be sure to come and visit us! ...(being at the beach this
afternoon, I guess that makes me the "fried guy", eh? (Sorry, Guys, couldn't
resist!)

 Must have been the sun went to our heads, and compelled us to list the
summer sale price  of $199 US (Why US dollars? Because for now at least it's
sort of the dominant currency in the world, and because our e-commerce folks
at Kagi are in Berkely, California and they don't work in Canadian dollars.
The way the Canadian buck has dropped off in value the last few days, this
is probably a good thing for us.... BTW, some people in California think
we're there too, and that the State has it's own domain name...nope, as much
as I wish I was in California in the winter, .ca is the domain for Canada.

... but I digress...ahem, on to the sales pitch....

 NOTE: We will have one or two converted cars at SolWest in John Day Oregon.
That's a cool solar energy and renewables fair - Josh Tickell will be
presenting.

It's THIS WEEKEND!!!!

http://www.solwest.org/

We regret that we have prior commitments and cannot make it there, but one
or two customers' cars are planned to be there, and at least one owner is
willing to answer questions and show the system.

> Name: Neoteric Biofuels Inc. Web Site: http://www.biofuels.ca
>  Sold as "Experimental Use Only". One year warranty on major components.
 Pricing From $199 US (without tank, which can be acquired locally for about
$25 and modified in one minute for use) or $269 with modified tank and
quick-release tank strap. Low cost shipping, especially on the "no-tank"
version. Online payment is taken via secure server, all major credit cards.
Be aware that if you import it, you will get a bill after (or may be
requested to pay prior to delivery) a

> Component details : Electric-only (includes our 'VEG-Therm'), supply and
return lines, line retainer clips, 6 port MOTOR DRIVE valve  that is
designed for high pressure and designed to prevent return of fuel to the
wrong tank - unlike the solenoid type  that is susceptible to failure in
this regard and can return fuel to a full tank, which can create an
overfilling situation ( also, can be "looped" return or "non-looped"
return-to-SVO-tank - your choice), SVO filter and spare filter included (10
micron, replaceable, large volume of filter media for good filter life -
replacement filters inexpensive - $49 US for six, change filter in one
minute); uses OEM filter for the diesel side only, so diesel side is always
there as a backup; insulating collar for SVO filter; wired for senders for
both tanks if a sender is added to the SVO in future, so that the OEM fuel
gauge can be used;  clamps, ties, wiring, connectors, relay, circuit breaker
and toggle switch included.
> Conversion method: Fastest easiest installation. Approx. 6 hours. Basic tools.
Electric.  VERY FAST  switch over to SVO. (Usually less than a minute). VERY
FAST purge time. One or two minutes.

 No cutting in to coolant lines or draining cooling system, no chance of air
locks in cooling system as a result of lines run to rear-mounted tank, no
chance of a plastic fuel line crack as can occur in a "hose-in-hose" system,
especially over the design life of a system (which should be assumed at 10
years) in frequent extreme duty cycles from frozen solid-to-almost boiling
(with potential for a small crack to go unnoticed and coolant being lost to
fuel and burned up gradually while driving), no potential for reactions of
vegetable oil and copper; no potential for loss of coolant at hose clamps;
no "lift pump" or "booster pump" needed for Bosch VE pump (as used  in VW,
etc.); average amp draw on alternator 20-28 amps. Max. before short break-in
period is ~ 32 amps;

No SVO system is well proven for TDI engines at this time, but this two-tank
system with suitable oil is considered acceptable for indirect injection
engines. While we do not at this time recommend SVO for TDI's due to
insufficient data, the use of electric heating in these would be a benefit,
since there is little waste heat generated in these engines, so little to be
recovered for use in the heater box... or a coolant-based system.

 > Diagram of system:  See photo of kit at web site.

> Suitable oil type; waste oil, new oil, recommended oil sources.
SVO or WVO - recommend Canola oil. Oil must be liquid in the tank. Viscosity
can be fairly high (as in cooler weather, not greasy "fuel"!) as long as the
oil can flow.

For cold weather colder than 0 deg. C, we recommend the use of blend, such
as 50/50 biodiesel/WVO to pre-thin. Good used Canola oil is good to around 0
C, and new Canola (rapeseed) oil is good to around -10 C. Below that, use
blends. In extreme cold, use winter diesel as start/stop and B100 or other
blended product in the SVO tank.

> Other details:

Recommend that some biodiesel can be made using a basic method, to convert
higher FFA "greasy" material that may arrive with the collection of "better"
oils, and that this can then be used as part of an overall approach, as
start/stop fuel, as a blend with start/stop, as a blend with WVO for cold,
and for B100 use within the SVO system in extreme cold. We offer a full
range of kits, heaters, pumps, filter cones and racks for excellent "shop"
filtering (coated paper cones are a patented product with the ability to
trap finer material than regular paper cones) We offer cold presses as well.

 Visit our web site! http://www.biofuels.ca  email is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Toll free US/Canada: 1-866-768-3169 Fax: 250-768-3118 Local: 250-768-3169

 Serious inquiries from qualified dealer/installers are welcome for all
regions. We are the origin of this system, we're not dealers for it. It is
our design and it's come about from about 3 years of R&D on various engines.
We have tried hard optimize the critical components, put the high end bits
where they are needed, and reduce cost by design. We are proud of what we
have accomplished so far, on a really miniscule budget, and we appreciate
the business of those who have gone with our system so far. We look forward
to doing business with all of our future customers.

This enterprise is a large part of our livelihood (much more so as we go
along, we hope!), not a hobby for after hours and weekends - let us know how
we can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Edward Beggs, BES, MSc
Neoteric Biofuels Inc.
Located in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
1-250-768-3169 Fax: 1-250-768-3118
Toll-Free (Canada/USA): 1-866-768-3169
http://www.biofuels.ca
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Any details will be gratefully received (here is a chance to promote your
> system!)
>
> Darren
> www.vegburner.co.uk

> Biofuels list archives: