The Revenoor Co. INC has shown that with 150-160 proof ethanol you will need
to open the jets on a carb. engine about an additional 1/3.  This usually
involves using a set of drills and a little experimenting.  Higher proof
alcohol responds well to higher compression ratio's.  We have ran various
engines with only fuel delivery modifications and no internal modifications.
On smaller one cylinder engines you can usually just adjust the mixture screw
enough.
Hope this helps.
Terry D. Wilhelm
The Revenoor Co. INC
www.revenoor.com

  manickh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Can a petrol car be modified to run on 90%
ethanol without modifying
compression ratio? Does higher CR entail changing piston,clylinder
dimensions? Can I run on lower power and CR? I would like to try this
out in India village if possible.Ur suggestions most welcome.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://www.webconx.dns2go.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm