All,

I have some questuion inorder to compare my process with others.
What is the porcentage of Ethanol and OHK that you are using to
transesterificate?
Do you do it in Batchs?
How i the reaction temperature? How do you supply heat?
Do you use to sell the gliceryn? How is the North American Market for
Glicerin.

tks,
Marco

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Bill and all,
> >
> >Please excuse me if I offend anyone's sensibilities, but why
> >would anyone pay $500 for a processor 1/3 the size of what they
> >can create themselves for $50.00?
>
> Plus "Heating Option: $100".
>
> There are bigger ones, 30, 40, 60, 80, 110 gallons ($850).
>
> >Besides, having a reactor is one thing. What about the rest of
> >the process? I kinda' doubt that these units take into
> >consideration washing, waste water treatment, catalyst
> >recover/neutralization, etc.
> >
> >All of that "stuff" is part of the "process" and should be
> >included in the cost of a system.
> >
> >Sorry. There were no colorful pictures or spec sheets from which
> >to gather a more informed opinion.
>
> If you go here:
> http://www.biodieselgear.com/equipment/index.htm
>
> ... and click on the [more info] buttons, there are pictures, but
> only of the small unit, and it's not very clear - it talks about a
> separate container for the meth but it's not pictured and it
doesn't
> say if it's included. "Washing is done in the processor using your
> favorite wash method."
>
> Anyway, I agree - do it yourself. There are quite a few good
options
> for that here:
> http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html
>
> Simon Wells' processor is a basic unit, very simple. Aleks Kac has
> nice design there, Ian's vacuum biodiesel processor and Chuck
Ranum's
> batch processor are both excellent set-ups.
>
> Okay, not everyone's into building stuff and salvaging, they may
not
> have a workshop or the tools or the know-how. In that case I'd
> suggest contacting Mike Pelly. His processor will be more expensive
> than these Biodieselgear ones, but it's had some enthusiastic
reports
> already, from experienced biodieselers. By all accounts Mike's done
> really good job.
> Mike Pelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On the other hand, if you want to wait a bit, not very long I
think,
> there's a new design on the way for a basic 55-gallon drum
processor
> you can easily assemble yourself, no welding, minimal tools, and
all
> the parts, stirrers, motors, pumps, everything, will be sourced so
> you can simply order them. This processor is designed to be cheap,
> easy, effective and rugged, based on long experience of the
designer.
> US-based.
>
> I'll announce that here and elsewhere when it's ready.
>
> Best
>
> Keith
>

> >Todd Swearingen

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now