Thank you Keith for your very thorough response.  In
my experience, the government has been quite helpful
in assisting startups.

So in summary, if we decide to produce biodiesel and
sell it for on-road use, we would need to:

1) Ensure that our fuel meets ASTM D-6751, presumably
by having samples tested at a lab.

2) Track gallons sold and remit the appropriate state
and federal taxes.

If this is the case, I find it quite reasonable.  It
would be better if the taxes were reduced or
eliminated of course.  Count our organization in if
any serious lobby is formed for this purpose.
However, I can hardly fault the government seeking
road taxes.

Again, thank you for the excellent information.  It is
very much appreciated.

Blue skies,

-Brian
Portland Biodiesel Co-op
http://www.gobiodiesel.com

--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Brian
 There's been a lot of discussion here and elsewhere
> about
> small-producer certification, and a lot of confusion
> too, it seems.
> On the one hand there's been quite a lot of talk of
> conspiracies to
> exclude the small guys, which I don't think is
> warranted, and on the
> other the EPA has said different things at different
> times.

http://faith.yahoo.com

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/9bTolB/TM