This is probably the comment from the energy interests,

"It is probably safer for the oil interests to subside the growing of corn
and then use it for burning. Only think about, if the farmers started to
grow rape seed etc. and more people would do bio diesel to heat homes.
It would be too simple and effective.

We cannot have a viable alternative to heating oil, until the oil interests
cornered this market, can we. It could also be dangerous, since you
could use it for the transport sector also.

I think that they are doing a good job on Capitol Hill, in looking after
the oil interests. If they burn the corn doesn't matter, it will keep them
occupied and warm, with a sense of being useful. It is not viable anyway
and pose no short or long term threat, as long as everybody are focused
on corn. If you use it to feed pigs or environmentalists, it is almost the
same from our point of view."

Great thinking, but not in the interest of common people.

Hakan

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://webconx.green-trust.org/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm