oops, it's late here, an' I got too much equipment on the brain.

I didn't make it clear in the post below what exactly I was talking about.
World Energy put out a letter that says that a nonprofit organization in
Maine, which made their own biodiesel fuel only to fuel their own vehicles,
and did not sell any fuel to the outside world, is being prosecuted for not
paying road tax. I know that this announcement from World Energy has gotten
a bunch of biodiesel and SVO users here all freaked out and people are
trying to figure to whom they should prepare to pay fuel tax TO (which has
led to the ridiculous situation that a guy in Sonoma County is calling the
state office in charge of these things and educating them about the
existence of SVO fuels, which they previously didn't know about, and all
this in a country where dipping of tanks does not happen to passenger car
drivers like it does in the UK)
Mark

t 12:02 AM 11/23/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>While we're kind of on the subject of naming names and such, could anyone
>verify the recent World Energy assertion that a nonprofit in Maine got hit
>with massive fines by the IRS for not paying road tax? I'm particularly
>interested in hearing who it was this happened to. When Homestead got the
>run-around for trying to produce fuel for sale, the news hit the biodiesel
>homebrewer circles since Homestead is on some of these listserves. Has
>anyone heard who these folks in Maine are, or more about their situation?
>Mark

ˇFREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/9bTolB/TM