Just thought I'd update the list.  I've been working with with the
sustainable development person in the planning department in Oakland,
Carol Misseldine.  Oakland is starting to understand what biodiesel is
and is turning the beauracracy around to support it.  No date for the
meeting yet, the attendees include: city, business and community
representatives.

The current agenda is:

KEY AGENDA ITEMS FOR A BIODIESEL MEETING IN OAKLAND

Drafted by Carol Misseldine, Oakland Sustainable Development Initiative,
12/12/02

*1) What quantities of the following feedstocks are realistically
available for biodiesel in Oakland?*

Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO)://

//Municipal Waste Stream:

*2) Is biodiesel a realistic solution or partial solution for Oakland's
air quality problems?*

3) How much of Oakland's diesel needs could be met with the above
sources, including Oakland's City Fleet, Port trucks, public transit?

4) What are the economic and siting barriers and opportunities for local
manufacture and distribution of biodiesel?

*5) What are the emissions issues related to a biodiesel manufacturing
facility?*

*6) What are the zoning requirements for a biodiesel manufacturing
facility?* /Catherine Payne, CEDA/

*7) What is the status of CARB's intent to rank biodiesel as an
alternative fuel?* /Randall von Wedel/

*8) Other*

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX