That makes 84 cents per liter or $3.25 per gallon. Sound like
overpricing, but still in line or lower than European diesel prices
at the pump now. In fact it is cheaper than diesel at the pump
now, in many countries the veg oil in supermarkets are cheaper
than the diesel at the pump. The heating oil is better to compare
with, as I have done. Because the low taxation in US for automotive
use, it might be the same thing.

Distributor pricing in large quantities for production of biodiesel
must be an other deal, since I heard that biodiesel at the pump
is around $3 +/- 10% per gallon.

In Europe the heating oil is now between 55 cents to 80 cents,
depending on country, which is in parity with biodiesel and veg
oil with same taxes.

Buying rape seed and cold press it give a substantially lower
cost for the veg oil and with commercial conversion to biodiesel
give a price around 55 cents per liter and 55-70 cents depending
on taxation. This with 10 years depreciation of investments and
minimum 1.5 million liter production per year. Net profit 10-15%.
At current heating oil prices it is close to parity between BD
and DD.

Hakan

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX