http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/7488

Clean Energy Reader
A Clickable Compendium

The TomPaine.com Staff

In conjunction with TomPaine.com's Op Ad, "Energy War,"
http://www.tompaine.com/op_ads/opad.cfm/ID/7492 the following
compendium comprises alternative energy policy proposals that would
reduce U.S. dependence on fossil fuels from the Middle East.

It's The Oil Economy, Stupid
by Adam Werbach and Mike Shellenberger
March 10, 2003
http://tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/7491
An alternative energy plan called the New Apollo project is designed
to reduce U.S. demand on Middle East oil.

New Apollo Project Can Help Us Unplug Our Need For Oil
By Rep. Jay Inslee (D-Wash.)
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Dec. 19, 2002
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/100516_inslee19.shtml
"As long as we are addicted to Middle East oil, we are slaves to the
animosity and backlash against the repressive regimes, which have now
brought Middle Eastern violence to our own shores."

Waxman Amendment To Reduce Oil Demand
by Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.)
March 19, 2003
http://tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/7490
Henry Waxman's amendment and related remarks for a plan to reduce
U.S. oil consumption by 2.5 percent within six months.

Clean Energy Blueprint
 From the Union of Concerned Scientists and the Tellus Institute
Executive Summary
October 2001
http://tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/4719
Can America develop an energy system that will save consumers money,
provide security and jobs, and leave a heritage of clean air, water
and wilderness? Yes, but a clean energy future requires vision,
leadership and determination.

Clean Energy: Jobs For America's Future
A study for The World Wildlife Fund
October 2001
http://www.tellus.org/energy/publications/clean_energy_jobs.pdf

This study argues that the best way to create new energy-related jobs
in the United States is to implement a robust clean energy policy.

Published: Mar 25 2003

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/9bTolB/TM