"groundhogsteve" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> My overall view is that there is no one "energy solution".  It is a
> series of small incremental solutions that cover specific
> situations.

Agreed.

> I see fuel cells using hydrolysis from renewables as one part.

For some reality on fuel cell potential in transport sector, see:
http://www.econogics.com/ev/fcevreal.htm

> I see conservation as a big part still

Absolutely.
<snip>

> The first "beta" version of fuel cell cars are in the customer's
> hands in California and Japan.  The first 30 busses are being
> demonstrated in Europe.  All the fuel cell companies are being really
> secretive about where they are on platinum loading reduction and the
> overall cost curve.  Ballard is actually out selling real fuel cells, not
> demonstration ones.  So I think they will be coming into the mainstream
> within 5 years.

Don't hold your breath.  Government-funded buses and automakers PR cars do not
constitute a solution.

Darryl McMahon

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/9bTolB/TM