Here's an interesting clip from
http://www.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/pdfs/25315hh.pdf

Results
In earlier work we reported the ease of gasification of glycerol in
supercritical water.Table 2
confirms the earlier result.In it we see that the hydrogen content of the
gas increases from 38%
to 51 %after 3.45 hr,while the methane content decreases from 20%to 11
%.During this time
the total gas yield increased from 1.18 to 1.6 L/g and all the carbon in the
feedstock was
converted to gas.The increasing gas yield is due to the consumption of water
and methane by
the steam reforming reaction.Evidently this reaction is catalyzed by the
reactor's wall and/or the
carbon catalyst,which become more active (i.e."seasoned")as time passes.When
the gas yield
reached a steady state,the feed was switched and sawdust paste was fed to
the reactor for 4
hours.After this,glycerol was again fed to the reactor.Table 2 shows that
the sawdust paste
causes the reactor's wall and/or the carbon catalyst to lose some activity
towards the steam
reforming reaction.
The waste product generated by the commercial production of biodiesel fuel
contains glycerol
and methanol.We prepared a mixture of these two alcohols with a composition
identical to that
of the industrial waste.The gas produced from this mixture (see Table 3)is
very rich in
hydrogen,and the yield (2.05 L/g)is high.The water leaving the reactor was
clean with a pH of
4-5.Evidently,this waste product is a perfect feedstock for hydrogen
production.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/uetFAA/9bTolB/TM