Hi all,
I wanted to clear up something in an older post here: it was a post about
the status of the EPA position on small producers. IN the end of this, was
the following email from Tom Leue. If I am not mistaken, the story related
below (told by Graham Noyes of World Enegy) was never substantiated. I
believe I asked him onlist (he was participating at the time) at one point
what organization he was talking about, and others have said that they've
asked about it too.

Last year I recieved a copy of this same exact email from graham, coming
from his World Energy email account, so presumably it was an official
coommunication. He had accidentaly gotten my and other locals'
email  addresses from us all being CC'd on a private email concerning a
local gas station biodiesel campaign- and he sent this around, though it
wasn't particularly relevant to the issue we were working on.
This email then led to a lot of panic in our area. This was during the time
when the Welsh SVO driver Fry Squad scandal was in the news (welsh svoers
being stopped and fined by their local police for tax evasion for using
svo). Locally in the Bay Area, the story about the Welsh drivers was making
a lot of svo'ers nervous, and many of them were confused about where it was
happening (various misinformation went out over various local channels,
saying that it happened in san francisco, or australia...  we americans
were never good at geography). Right then the World Energy communication
hit, and rumors of our impending crackdown spread like wildfire.

It seems to me that unless I missed something, that Graham Noyes never
substantiated this story, though many people asked him about it. Since this
has been accidentally re-posted, I would like to either correct this rumor
for the archives, or find out who the heck he was talking about, because
I'm worried about the same set of rumors going out when people read the
otherwise very timely post this World Energy bit was connected to....
mark

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/9bTolB/TM