Heck, it's not as though there are any domestically available alternatives, like
making methane here in the states in any manner of ways including but not
limited to bioproduction, also as primary sources we have solar (wouldn't want
to besmirch the beauty of those millions of "waste" desert acres in the American
Southwest), wind, wave, geothermal, we have biofuel and electric vehicles to use
those primary sources, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.  Nah, we can't have
any of that.

Best to focus only on importing more fossil fuels and whining that we need to
drill for more of them here and develop nuclear energy, and to ignore any other
alternatives, as though history will forgive us for this act of ignoring the
alternatives.

The greatest weapon of our opponents, and the shame they will find to be most
lingering and historic, is the silence they bring to the topics we need to hear
discussed.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030711/energy_conocco_lng_1.html

Reuters
Qatar, ConocoPhillips confirm U.S. LNG deal
Friday July 11, 4:55 pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO, July 11 (Reuters) - Qatar and U.S. oil company ConocoPhillips
(NYSE:COP - News) on Friday confirmed, as expected, an agreement that will send
liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the Gulf nation to the United States by the end
of the decade.

Under a memorandum of understanding announced in Washington, Qatar and
ConocoPhillips will examine a long-term deal under which the Gulf nation will
supply 7.5 million tonnes of LNG a year starting around 2008-2009,
ConocoPhillips said in a statement.

According to the plans, reported Thursday by Reuters, an LNG terminal built in
the Gulf nation by Qatar and ConocoPhillips would supply the U.S. market over 25
years with about 1 billion 1.2 cubic cubic feet of gas a day.

Several projects have been announced recently to boost LNG deliveries to the
United States, where dwindling domestic gas supplies and steep demand from power
plants have triggered warnings by federal officials of the need to boost gas
imports to tame gas prices that are nearly twice their year-ago levels.

ConocoPhillips will buy the LNG and be responsible for regasifying and marketing
the fuel in the United States.

On Thursday, Faisal al-Suwaidi, vice-chairman of Qatar Liquefied Gas Co. Ltd.,
told Reuters LNG would be delivered to the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, home to one
existing LNG terminal and where several onshore and offshore terminals have been
proposed.

Qatar is already one of the biggest LNG suppliers to the United States and is a
major exporter to Asia.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/9bTolB/TM