G'day Steven

>G'day Keith
>As far as solid results....no.

Well, do take some photographs whenever you get the head pulled of.

>Yes as per ACREVO report, 9% ethanol
>emulsified into the vege oil. I found the fuel excellent and it burned
>cleaned at the exhaust. Talking to a couple of other fellas, they also
>have tried it and it worked well, but they did caution that some fuel
>injector pumps have some components that are susceptible to failure when
>exposed long term to ethanol.

Um, yes. Wish we had a solid list of which is which. I guess Lucas
would be bottom of the list, as usual (aka the Prince of Darkness for
their electrical systems)... or do I mean top of the list - worst,
anyway. Maybe I misjudge them (but anyone who's owned an old Land
Rover will fail to be filled with instant delight and admiration on
hearing the name Lucas). Wish also that all of them would build the
damn' things a bit more bomb-proof - they shouldn't rot with a bit of
eth, nor even meth, let alone biodiesel, and they shouldn't break
when you feed them SVO either. It's not as if durable materials
aren't available in this day and age. Grumble grumble...

>As far as long term study of SVO/PPO I don't think anyone here
>(Australia) is really interested in it, and would rather rely on
>information coming out of Europe. I keep in touch with Keller & Co as
>they are involved with the PPO project and give me some idea of what is
>happening. The Germans are doing really excellent stuff.

I think they're way ahead, and Europe generally.

Thanks Steven.

Best wishes

Keith

<snip>