while I understand keith's point, I dont understand the point
of 'running the list requires resources'. Unless the list is
moderated (and I dont think it is), running a yahoo list requires
almost no effort.

What would be better, imo, is to allow the biofuels-biz list to
continue, as a low volume biz-only list. If people would stop
crossposting every single thing between both lists, the biofuels-biz
list could take on a life of its own, as a low-volume resource of
information that is independent of the biofuel list.

--- In biofuels-biz@yahoogroups.com, murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I understand correctly, Keith is proposing that the needs for
the
> biofuels biz list have been more or less fulfilled and that in part
> due to time constraints, he is going to wrap-it-up and just keep
the
> biofuels list up and going.  That's fine and I offer no criticism
of
> that decision.
>
> What I want to say is that of the many issues I've seen discussed,
and
> whose discussion has been furthered and encouraged by the
existence of
> forums designed to allow for fruitful brainstorming and information
> exchange, one of the issues of prime ongoing not-settled (in my
view)
> importance is the issue of the relation of small producers to
> government chemical and business regulations.
>
> In my view, a primary way that the US (and probably other)
government
> opposes and messes up progress in alt fuels is to do and say
nothing.
> There is (in my view) a job to do here.... to provide for some
> guidance and some response to what is going on in the community,
> instead of getting in the way to decide if or when there are any
> reasonable (by whose standard?) laws or regulations that would help
> rather than hinder development of at-home and small-scale biofuel
> production in the US.
>
> So, even if the biz discussion group is ended, I hope we continue
> see productive discussion of this issue.

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
List messages are archived at the Info-Archive at NNYTech:

To visit your group on the web, go to: