Hello jeroen

Hello Craig and Kieth

i think you where looking for this article

Thankyou!

:-)

Superheated steam vs "expensive fermentation"? Well, maybe Mitsubishi sees it that way.

Anyway, it remains to be seen what becomes of it. Maybe it'll be like this:

A factory in Växsjö Sweden is to be converted to produce Chrisgas (Clean
Hydrogen Rich Synthesis Gas) which in turn will be used to produce bio-DME
(dimetyleter) which can replace fossil diesel in modified vehicles. DME kan
also be produced from coal,oil and gas which is being done large scale in
Japan where there are also several suitably converted marques.

Not so you'd notice. Bit of talk, promising markets, wonderful potential... and one licensed vehicle so far, from what I can make out, an in-house bus.

Planet Japan, LOL! Not to be overly sceptical, and much as I love them, there are many grand, and indeed fine, schemes here, wonderful technology, amazing patents held, often widely publicised when announced, but how far it ever gets out of the laboratory is another matter. Often, not at all. Or not yet anyway.

The Biomass Nippon (Japan) strategy is another example:

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg19333.html
Re: [biofuel] Japan: Country Eyes Bioenergy-fueled Plants, Cars in 2010

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg19315.html
[biofuel] Japan: Environment Ministry High on Alcohol-Fueled Vehicles

Three years ago. Really nice scheme, 500 model communities, it says. But none yet.

Or this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg26857.html
[biofuel] Japan's METI speaking in favor of diesel cars

Two years ago - "Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) will promote development of advanced, emission controlled diesel passenger cars to limit the emissions of global warming gases..."

They have them, but not for Japan, or not outside the Tokyo Motor Show - export-only, to Europe. Again, nothing happened. But just recently there've been further such statements which probably will happen. For not very good reasons, the time wasn't right two years ago, now it probably is. A few things have changed, not obvious unless you know where to look. I'll be posting more about this once we've nailed it down.

The Japanese have a different way of going about things. When they finally do decide to move, they move very fast and effectively. IMHO, with biofuels, biomass energy, energy conservation, greenhouse gases, it's not a question of if but when. It seems that time is not quite yet.

Best wishes

Keith