On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, ron wrote:

"If it were not for the US defense budget and over a million American lives, there would only be 2 languages spoken it all of Europe, German and Russian."

Ron! Hello! What language does the entire world feel pressured to learn today. What cultures are being effected by (injected with) American culture. Every time I visit my Mother's childhood home city of Bern Switzerland, I see wonderfully preserved 700+ year old architecture...right next to a McDonald's.

Our "army" takes many forms and economic pressure is often as effective as political or military pressure when it comes to building material wealth and power. Today, "We" encroach on other countries (militarily, politically and economically) as if it's our God-given right.

Mike

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
That was then. This is now, when those in control of the United States
are using the methods and following the principles of Hitler and Stalin,
though on a smaller scale so far.

Remember that the United States was dragged into World War II by the
Japanese, after having been given the jet engine and the key to modern
radar (the cavity magnetron) by Britain. The development of the atom bomb
in the U.S. was possible because foreign scientists and foreign
governments had confidence in the good sense of the American government
and people. Oppressed people of other countries looked on the United
States as a haven of law, order and safety. No one trusts the United
States any more. Nowadays oppressed foreigners feel safer in Europe.
In the United States they are at the mercy of the secret police.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, ron wrote:

> I can see this is going no where so I will leave it with one final bit
> of food for thought
>
> . If it were not for the US defense budget and over a million American
> lives, there would only be 2 languages spoken it all of Europe, German
> and Russian. And all of Asia would be speaking Japanese. Oh How soon
> they forget. Nuff said.

[snip]