Thanks for all the replies!

I guess, being the cautious type that I am, I will try upping the percentage of Bio to Dino ratio, and keep the spare filter and tools required to access it handy. As far as what might happen if the pump goes out, guess I'll coast to a stop and ride the thumb back. Perhaps it won't catastrophically fail suddenly, give me enough warning and time to turn around and get home. (I have this vivid imagination of what it might do... spraying fuel everywhere under the hood... )

Thanks for the encouraging words and comments, and I'll keep you apprised of the progress.

Thanks again for the advice,

doug swanson