Chris Sommerfeld wrote:
I manage a small biodiesel lab at a school here in the Bahamas.  We
currently make about 250 gal a week.  Within the next month we plan to
expand to make about 450 gal a week.  We are always looking for new ways to
improve our processing.  Currently we use bubble washing in the wash/dry
stage.

Water is very presious for us and I am intersted in using Magnesol instead
of water to purify our fuel.
[snip]

Just out of interest, why don't you build a small solar desalination system - besides the financial reasons, I thought the reason people when to the Bahama's was for sunshine!!! I'm sure Keith probably has "squirreled" away on JtoF plans for a low tech solar desalination system that would provide you with the water you need.

If JtoF has nothing, get back to me, I know of a simple setup that could probably be made for a couple of hundred dollars.

        Regards,
                Andrew Lowe