Keith,

Your make many points that give me reason for pause. However, I can wait for someone else to do something about the problems that exist or I can do something myself - done! The majority of U.S. citizens will continue to eat meat and larger quantities than responsible and probably of the cheapest factory farmed variety. I think that the animals not being raised for my personal consumption will benefit everyone more than were I to eat meat because of the benefit that it might hold for fertilization. Hopefully, I can offset the over consuption and thoughtless consumption of one other person. And we all know that we can't change anyone else. I have always thought of this as my contribution to the environment - hopefully just one of many.

A point of interest, though, I don't know of any animal aside from humans that consume the milk of another animal, though, I'm sure there probably is at least one. Can someone name one? However, the concept of consuming the lactic fluids from a bovine seems rather bizarre. Those which are intended for its offspring as all milk is. I'm pretty sure that I can do without bovine hormones and antibodies.

Take care,
Ken