Hi Joe

Possibly I am blinded by "fear mongering and misinformation" by folks like David Suzuki. Could you please provide me with some examples and evidence of this misinformation. Here is a link to the David Suzuki Foundation...... http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Forests/Solutions/ Maybe I have misunderstood your opinions, but there doesn't seem to exist much of a distinction between your views of current forestry practises and that of what David Suzuki preaches(which you do not like). You cite clearcutting as a negative, selective logging as an ecologically sustainable method of harvesting, and protecting old growth forests as beneficial. If you choose to use the provided link, you will find the same sentiments. "Clearcutting results in a more plentiful food supply for bears......." is not totally accurate. What about the percentage of bears that depend on salmon for food? As you previously pointed out, clearcutting causes soil erosion. Sediment is washed into streams and rivers which results in disrupted salmon spawning grounds. I would guess that this has a negative effect on bears that rely on salmon as a food source. Possibly this could result in a bear attempting to break into someone's home for food. I certainly do not want to see all logging in our country put to and end. Just a sustainable system put into place. Of interest, which many are probably aware of, the Forest Stewardship Council provides/sets sustainable standards and practises that forestry product manufacturers can meet in order to meet FSC certification. If you will be purchasing lumber in the future, investigate FSC's policies. It may be a better option for you. http://www.fsc.org/en/about

Peace

Marc