To: <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Pimentel is at it again

Greetings,
If I may chime in here, Please, once you discover the horrors that the agribusiness way of raising animals is causing, buy 100% strictly grass fed meat. For those of us that are fighting to build markets for our grass fed meat, this would really help. The agribusiness guys are having too much fun laughing at us, since it is difficult to build markets with all the stumbling blocks they put in our way. Even though it does cost us less in many ways to raise our meat, by the time we can get it to market, it costs more because of the rules we have to follow to be able to market our meat. If more people bought our meat, then our processing costs could come down and we can become more affordable, but only the consumer can make this happen. Deciding not to eat meat as an answer to agribusiness, just puts many sustainable farmers out of business, which is what the agribusiness guys want.
Bright Blessings,
Kim
A sustainable farmer with grass fed dairy, beef and lamb.