Greetings,
The last election that I was able to vote in was in 1988. The last time I contacted a Senator to complain about a policy being put in place, I was told that this is not my country and that if I didn't like it I could go back where I came from. I have 4 more years to go before I can apply for citizenship and then I can have a say. While I am not proud of what America has become, I do live here and I am not planning on leaving, so I will take citizenship so I can have a say in how sane or insane life is to be.

I don't believe that violence would accomplish much of anything at this point, all it does is get tempers up and brains turned off. Triggering the defence mechanism is not how to effect change for the better. We live a sane life, working to establish a sustainable farm and having the teenagers come and visit and see what we are doing. Some of them are getting rather interested in biofuels, are learning that being cool is worthless, and the value of having the skills to look after oneself. We try to live as if the world was the way we want it to be, funny thing, the people aren't laughing at us as much as they used to.

You and I aren't all that far apart.
Bright Blessings,
Kim